Local Events In Stowe
- Stowe Tour de Snow: The Stowe Tour de Snow is designed to showcase the best of what Stowe has to offer winter visitors, locals and neighbors alike. Held on “FIS World Snow Day” and Martin Luther King Jr. Sunday each year, families and friends ski, walk, snowshoe or run on the Stowe Recreation Path and enjoy creative fun snow games along the way. [Read more…]
- Stowe Winter Carnival: The Stowe Winter Carnival features sports events, ice carving competitions, Kids’ Karnival Kaos, and Snowgolf and Snowvolleyball tournaments. [Read more…]
- Ski Bum Races: Races are held on Tuesdays (sometimes Wednesday) during the winter months. Races are open to all Mt. Mansfield Ski Club members. Most races are run in Dual Giant Slalom format and there is a great handicap system, which gives each team of four an equal chance at winning the many great weekly prizes; special handicaps are given to snowboarders and telemark racers.
- Winter Rendezvous: Winter Rendezvous welcomes all walks of life for five days of wintery bliss!
- Stowe Derby: The Stowe Derby race started in 1945 and has remained a stronghold in the Stowe area ever since. The race is exciting and not for the faint of heart as hundreds of Nordic skiers descend upon Mt. Mansfield to challenge themselves and ski from its top all the way into the Village of Stowe. The Stowe Derby now includes a shorter course for children, as well as those who would prefer not to have so much downhill. The full course is 20 km; the short course is 6 km.
- University of Vermont Winter Carnival: This annual event features gingerbread house building, live music, a snow sculpture contest and many other fun activities.
- North Country Animal League (Annual Fundraiser): Visit ncal.com to learn more about this year’s event theme.
- Vermont Maple Open House Weekend: Visit sugarhouses across the state and enjoy a Vermont tradition! While they all make maple syrup, each place has its own character and unique experiences to offer.
- Helen Day Art Center (Annual Gala/Fundraiser): Visit helenday.com to learn more about this year’s event theme.
- Hyde Cup Tournament: The Hyde Cup Tournament brings community members of every skill level together for a fun week of hockey. The tournament’s unique game rules and friendly atmosphere have made it one of the largest winter attractions at the arena.
- Stowe Home & Garden Show: The Stowe Home & Garden Show two-day event promises the most up-to-date information on products and services for your home and garden.
- Relay for Life – Nordic Style: It is a way to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones and fight back against a disease that takes too much from too many.
- Vermont Restaurant Week: If you are looking for a fun way to sample Vermont’s vibrant local-food culture, then these 10+/- days are your chance. Restaurants come together to delight in the state’s unique dining scene. [Read more…]
- Vermont Maple Festival: The Vermont Maple Festival (in St. Albans) offers lots of food and fun, including a maple cooking contest, craft and specialty food shows, live entertainment, an 8.5 mile run, a buffet dinner, parade and a pancake breakfast. The local maple syrup available is worth looking into Stowe homes for sale in its own right…
- Spring Summit Celebrations: Late March/early April in Stowe brings mild and sunny days on one of the deepest snow packs in the East. With more than 300 inches of annual snowfall, on top of a base created from extensive and improved snowmaking systems, the soft snow surface of spring lasts… and lasts… That’s why Stowe’s Spring Summit Celebration cannot be contained to just one weekend or even two. Its four weekends of fun, sun and snow revolving around both action-packed and laid back events on the mountain. Visit stowe.com for this year’s events!
- Stowe Sugar Slalom: The Stowe Sugar Slalom is one of the most recognized alpine races in America. The two-day event can attract more than 1,000 avid racers and up to 600 spectators. All participants are invited to dress up in costumes best representing the spring theme!
- Vermont Home and Garden Show: The Burlington-area show features exhibitors (about 400 vendors) displaying and demonstrating products related to home and garden. [Read more…]
- Stowe Weekend of Hope: The Stowe Weekend of Hope three-day event is a healthy and inspirational retreat with educational seminars, inspirational speakers and heart-warming stories. [Read more…]
- Stowe Farmers’ Market(s): Fresh fare is available on Sundays, offering the best of what the area has to offer. From mid-May through mid-October, the Stowe Farmers’ Market showcases locally grown, harvested or created produce, meats, cheeses, flowers, baked goods, soaps and so much more. In addition, there is entertainment, making the market more than just a shopping experience! [Read more…]
- Craft Brew Races: The Craft Brew Races is a 5k+/- road race followed by a local craft beer festival, featuring 30+ local breweries.
- Green Up Day: Green Up Vermont is dedicated to removing litter from the 15,793 miles of Vermont’s local town roads.
- Vermont Open Studio Weekend (Spring): Most Vermont craftspeople work in studios located in or close to their residences. These are places of production and inspiration located in downtowns as well as at the ends of dirt roads. Wherever their locations, they are exciting places to visit because they reflect the dynamic yet organized process that is used to produce the finished work of art. [Read more…]
- Noon Music in May: Free Wednesday concerts at the Stowe Community Church. For a full schedule, visit stoweperformingarts.com.
- Stowe Yacht Club Weekly Regattas: In the spring, summer and fall, they sail every Monday and Wednesday evening from 4:30 p.m. Their season runs from soon after ice-out (about the beginning of May) until first ice (usually the beginning of November).
- Chowderpalooza!/Spring Art on Park: Area chefs create and serve up their favorite chowders and you’re the judge! Purchase a $5 tasting bracelet, receive your voting ballot and try them all. It’s also the kick-off event for the Art on Park series (on Park Street, Stowe) that starts in June. Shop for a variety of unique jewelry, pottery, fine art and more all created by local artists and artisans.
- Burlinton Discover Jazz Festival: The festival‘s mission is to broaden awareness and appreciation of jazz through quality live performances of national and regional scope; present educational activities that illuminate the art form for students of all ages and backgrounds; showcase Vermont and regional jazz artists, including students; and create a vital city-wide community festival that contributes to the national jazz dialogue.
- Bikes, Bevs & Beats Festival: A town-wide celebration of Vermont music, Vermont-made libations and Vermont mountain biking, with guided group mountain bike rides and free beginner mountain bike lessons.
- Art on Park: A favorite Thursday night stop for many locals and visitors to Park Street in Stowe Village. With more than 30+/- talented artisans and artists each week, there is something for everyone – jewelry, pottery, paintings, drawings, photography, fiber arts and specialty food products. The event features live music and local food each week. [Read more…]
- Stowe Triathlon: The Swimming Hole has an early season triathlon perfect for those new to the sport and veteran racers looking for a pre-season tune up!
- LACiNg Up for Cancer: Twelve hours of hope, celebration and fundraising for the Lamoille Area Cancer Network, a non-profit that gives grants to local people battling cancer. This event has raised more than $1 million dollars!
- Not Quite Independence Day: Gather up friends and family and head to Waterbury for the Green Mountain BBQ Championship and Festival. This two-day event is the newest addition to the town’s “Not Quite Independence Day” festivities, which includes fireworks, Saturday morning parade, music, and (of course) authentic BBQ!
- NEW! (2016) Stowe Renaissance Faire: Fairies, wizards and knights rejoice! Watch real-life jousting, enjoy medieval food and take in all the local music, belly dancing, puppet shows, demonstrations and more on the Stowe Events Field.
- Fourth of July: Celebrate Independence Day in Stowe, with fun from morning until night. Activities are numerous and varied (parade, food, music, “World’s Shortest Marathon,” Coed Softball One-Pitch Tournament, fireworks and more), allowing you to get involved or sit and watch and, of course, there is always some great food to enjoy. Independence Day displays the best of what our area has to offer, showcasing our sense of Vermont community and our ability to have fun.
- Stoweflake Hot Air Balloon Festival: The Stoweflake Hot Air Balloon Festival offers a chance to see some of the most colorful and awe-inspiring balloons around. The balloons soar above Stowe, taking off from the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa each day. When the balloons are not in the air, they can be viewed on the ground at the resort. Admission is $10 to partake in evening activities. There is live music, great food, beer and wine, and a host of activities for all ages. [Read more…]
- Helen Day Outdoor Art Show – “EXPOSED!”: The Helen Day Art Center’s annual outdoor sculpture exhibit turns the Village and Recreation Path into an outdoor art gallery. [Read more…]
- Stowe 8-Miler: Stowe 8-Miler welcomes runners from all over New England and Canada to enjoy the beautiful eight-mile single-loop course, which will provide them with a stunning view of the Vermont countryside and then straight through the heart of downtown Stowe.
- Stowe Lacrosse Tournament: Stowe welcomes families and participants to the Stowe LAX Festival! Enjoy a Laxacation!
- Music in the Meadow: This concert series shows the Stowe Performing Arts‘ dedication to bringing high-quality performances and opportunities for cultural enrichment through the performing arts to the community and surrounding areas.
- Stowe’s 7 Miles of Sales: This is a town-wide sale not to be missed! Enjoy GREAT SAVINGS on the treasures you find… more than 60 independent, locally-owned boutiques, galleries and one-of-a-kind specialty stores!
- Lamoille County Field Days: Field Days is a traditional agricultural fair held over three days, usually at the end of July. It is a totally volunteer-run non-profit association and includes competitions, rides, concessions and other summer fun! [Read more…]
- Mutt Strutt Festival for Animals: The Mutt Strut includes a pledge dog walk, canine demonstrations and contests, vendors and entertainment!
- Vermont Cheesemakers Festival: We invite you to experience Vermont’s passion for making fine cheeses, taste local and fresh foods and wines and meet the artisans who make them. Spend a summer day along the shores of Lake Champlain at the historic Shelburne Farms Coach Barn sampling, buying, learning and networking.
- Vermont Brewers Festival: A beer festival celebrating artisan craft beer during the third weekend in July at Burlington Waterfront Park with scenic views of Lake Champlain framed by the Adirondack mountain range.
- Stowe Free Library Book Sale: This fabulous book sale (at the beginning of July) runs throughout the summer but traditionally draws a big crowd the first day, with collectors searching for a steal. All proceeds from the sale go toward the library, buying new books and equipment. [Read more…]
- Annual Antique & Classic Car Meet: With nearly 800 cars – ranging from early 1900s models to 1960s muscle cars, military vehicles and sports cars – the event has continued to grow each year. Learn about all sorts of cars, as they’ll be put on display and even driven a few miles down Main Street, with an announcer lending his or her expertise. The Vermont Chamber of Commerce has listed the car meet as one of the top 10 summer events in Vermont, and is a must for anyone that has an interest in cool cars. Check out the official schedule for more information. [Read more…]
- Stowe Brewers Festival & Ninkasi-Stowe: The Stowe Brewers Festival will take place at the Stowe Events Field in mid-August, rain or shine, with 2,000 people anticipated at each daily tasting session. The craft brew celebration will incorporate workshops and demonstrations, music, food and merchandise vendors and memorabilia. What is Ninkasi? The Stowe-Waterbury area will honor Ninkasi, the Sumerian Goddess of Beer! This is a week-long celebration for everyone – all ages, interests, tastes and budgets! And if you’re a holder of the coveted Ninkasi-Stowe Pass, you’ll have access to discounts, offers, gift items and samples, goodies at local restaurants, special admission rates and free cover charges for performances throughout town.
- Champlain Valley Fair: This fair features 10 days of animals, shopping, great food, live music and thrilling carnival rides.
- Race to the Top of Vermont: Run! Bike! Hike! For world-class athletes, it’s all about having the fastest time up the 4.3-mile course, which climbs 2,564 vertical feet and averages a 10 percent incline. For the weekend warrior, it’s all about making it to the top without stopping. For non-competitive people, it’s the challenge and gratification that come with the spectacular views when they reach the finish in the social hiking division. [Read more…]
- Vermont Festival of the Arts: From the beginning of August through Labor Day, The Vermont Festival of the Arts will bring more than 120 arts events to the Mad River Valley. This celebration includes exhibits, performances, workshops and demonstrations, from a simple pottery workshop to a world-class musical performance. These are multi-media and multi-dimensional events that will delight all ages, mid-week visitors, weekend guests, second-homeowners, local residents and Vermonters alike. We at William Raveis Stowe Real Estate are big fans of this festival, so be sure to check it out!
- Stowe Wine & Food Classic: The Stowe Wine & Food Classic weekend/event satisfies our palate and our taste buds, serving up some fantastic fare from top chefs and wine from around the world at the iconic Trapp Family Lodge. [Read more…]
- British Invasion/Block Party: North America’s largest British classic sports car and motorcycle event! Experience British cultural activities, shops, crafts, auto jumble and the car corral. [Read more…]
- Trapp Family Lodge Oktoberfest: The Trapp Family Lodge kicks into European celebration mode with their annual Oktoberfest. There will be Austrian harvest-inspired menus as well as the freshly brewed, seasonal Oktoberfest Lager.
- Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival: Celebrate fall in Stowe this weekend with pumpkins and chili. The annual Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival takes place at the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, offering great fun for the entire family. In addition to the pumpkin chuckin’, there will be a chili cook-off – a chance for friendly competition for those who love to cook a favorite fall food. The festival is truly fun to watch or participate in, as homemade trebuchets launch pumpkins of varying size as far as they possibly can. [Read more…]
- Lamoille Valley Career & Job Fair: This career fair is the chance for companies and local job seekers to meet face to face. We urge you to take advantage of this event to connect with employers and people considering career options.
- Darn Tough Ride: Every year, hundreds of cycling enthusiasts and their friends and families gravitate to Stowe to be a part of the Darn Tough Ride, the perfect cycling adventure, incorporating some of the most celebrated unique routes, challenging climbs and exhilarating descents in Northern Vermont.
- New! Vermont Beer Week: Debuting this fall, with support from the Vermont Department of Tourism, Vermont Beer Week aims to bring locals and tourists together for a 10-day celebration embracing our craft beer culture.
- Vermont Fly Fishing Show: There will be on-the-river fishing demonstrations minutes away from The Fly Rod Shop on everything from nymphing with a raven float to getting a true dead drift on a dry fly!
- Stowe Restaurant Week: Stowe is known for great dining options and this is a great week to enjoy as many of them as you want at a discount. The deals are irresistible and a draw to those who love good food and good company. What should you expect to enjoy this week in Stowe? Prix fixe menus, special wine and beer tastings that offer pairings with different courses and discounts at local shops.
- Stowe Oktoberfest: Willkommen to Oktoberfest in the iconic mountain village of Stowe! This family-friendly celebration of the harvest and fall foliage features a free Friday night “Rocktoberfest” and Saturday’s Grand Parade down Main Street. Come hungry for two days filled with wurst and oompah bands, singing and dancing, Vermont microbrew beer and fun! Kids will enjoy games and activities, including “Das Jumping Fun Haus.” [Read more…]
- Stowe Foliage Arts Festival: Two hundred art and craft exhibitors under one tent means plenty of shopping options for all tastes and styles: jewelry, home goods, decor, furniture, clothing, gifts, food, spirits, maple products and more!
- Rocktoberfest: Big crowds celebrating Rocktoberfest enjoy music, beer, food, crafts, face painting and other activities for all ages on and around Portland Street in Morrisville.
- Vermont Open Studio Weekend (Fall): Most Vermont craftspeople work in studios located in or close to their residences. These are places of production and inspiration located in downtowns as well as at the ends of dirt roads. Wherever their locations, they are exciting places to visit because they reflect the dynamic yet organized process that is used to produce the finished work of art.
- Stowe Mountain Film Festival: This four-day festival features action, adventure, environmental and cultural films. The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum and the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center bring to Stowe a collection of films reflecting this community’s diverse interests.
- Stowe Mountain Resort Opening: Depending on snow conditions, Stowe Mountain Resort will open around Thanksgiving with a limited number of trails and often with early-season discounts.
- Stowe Season of Giving: Celebrating the generous spirit of our local community, including our surrounding towns in Lamoille and Washington counties.
- A Traditional Christmas in Stowe/Christmas Festival: Friday evening, enjoy caroling and the tree lighting during the Children’s Lantern Parade along Main Street in Stowe Village and visit the Helen Day Art Center for their Members Art Show and Festival of Lights. Saturday is a day full of Christmas and winter festivities. Watch for the arrival of Santa at Stowe Mercantile, enjoy food and family activities throughout town and do some holiday shopping. More information is available via Stowe Vibrancy and GoStowe. [Read more…]
- Artisan Craft Show: Fantastic holiday shopping is available in Stowe during this event. The holiday Artisan Craft Show takes place at Spruce Peak with some of our area’s finest artisans, crafters and food purveyors providing handmade, unique gifts. In addition, there will be craft beers, wine and holiday-themed family activities. One-of-a-kind gifts are the perfect way to share your love of Vermont with those closest to you. The showcase will be great for all ages as there will be free photos with Santa and complimentary gingerbread cookie making too. Also on the mountain, visitors can enjoy ice carving, an ice slide, skating and other winter delights!
- Mountainfest Demo Day: Some of the best ski and snowboard equipment on the market is available for testing at Stowe Mountain Resort, offering a fantastic opportunity to “try before you buy.” Representatives from the various ski and snowboard companies will be on hand to answer questions, offer advice and teach you the differences between items in their lineups.
- Mountain Fireworks & Torchlight Parade (at Spruce Peak): Enjoy the beauty of Spruce Camp under the stars and experience the magic as Stowe Mountain Resort comes alive with a spectacle of light. View the show from the Spruce Camp Base Lodge patio.
Event dates are subject to change. If you are coordinating a stay or visit to Vermont with one of these events, please contact our office directly at (802) 253-8484. As additional resources, please visit GoStowe.com or Vermont.com as both have in-depth, local calendars. And be sure to reach out to us for any and all of your Stowe real estate needs.