Questions to Ask an Agent
Looking to hire a Stowe real estate agent to sell your home? Ask these questions. Compare as many agents as you need until you feel comfortable and confident with one.
1. Do you work full or part-time as a real estate agent?
2. How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood in the past year or two? Tell me about them. (Beware statistics that could be manipulated, such as days on market.)
3. How many sellers are you representing now?
4. What aspects of the transaction will you personally handle and which will be delegated to others?
5. Are your fees negotiable? (All real estate agent compensation IS negotiable.)
6. At what price do you think my Stowe house will sell in the current market? And why (such as recent market data, comparable homes, amenities and your expertise)?
7. Can you give me a written comparative market analysis (CMA) and a list of homes currently on the market?
8. What is your advertising and marketing plan for my house? Can I see examples of photos you have taken for other listings? Would you consider video? Or an open house?
9. How long must I list my house with you?
10. How long have you been a real estate agent in Waterbury or Stowe and how much education have you received? Any designations that set you apart?
11. Is your real estate license in good standing and have you ever been subject to a client complaint?
12. Can you provide me the names and phone numbers of past clients as references?
13. Do you work with stagers or will you stage my home? What, in your opinion, could make my house more salable?
14. How often will you communicate with me?
15. Why should I hire your real estate company over your competition?
16. May I see the documents I will have to sign?
17. What will be my closing costs?
18. Can you explain the process to me?
19. Do you have a website and/or blog?
20. What haven’t I asked you that I need to know?
Questions courtesy of HomeGain.com, Inc.