Starting the Buying Process
Sometimes homebuyers in Stowe (or in general) take on the project of finding the home they like without knowing exactly what they need or want. This can make for a random and frustrating search that often wastes unnecessary time. On occasion, some people think they can even outsmart sellers while negotiating purchase price, while in reality they might be getting a worse deal altogether.
We’ve compiled a short list of the most common concerns we have for homebuyers; they are:
- Viewing all of the homes that become available, instead of focusing on the ones that are in their price range.
- Not knowing about all available financing options.
- Not completely understanding the subtle art of negotiating price.
- Over- or under-estimating the actual value of specific home amenities.
- Choosing inspectors who may not be fully qualified.
- Not requesting all of the appropriate inspections to be made.
- Failing to consider all aspects pertaining to the new home, including the location (and reputation) of schools and other services.
- Falling prey to exorbitant fees and outrageous rates.
- Falling for the belief that bigger is better, thereby putting oneself in a precarious situation and buying the largest or most expensive property.
The job of a real estate agent is to guide you through the process and help you identify pitfalls and opportunities. A Stowe real estate agent can take the element of surprise out of the equation and put you in a stronger position so you can make an informed decision. Reach out to us today.